What are glucosamine and chondroitin?
Do you have a dog with osteoarthritis, dysplasia or a large breed puppy?
Glucosamine and chondroitin are natural substances that the body generates to form collagen and thus help the joints to function properly.
What happens when the body doesn’t make enough?
- Dysplasia, osteoarthritis, hernias and other locomotor pathologies.
- Large and giant sized puppies suffer from joint pain as they grow at a rapid rate, especially on feed-based diets.
- Dogs that do a lot of sport and, therefore, have greater joint wear.
- Older dogs, as they do not produce enough collagen needed by their body.
How can I help you boost your glucosamine and chondroitin?
There are products such as Chondroprotectors artificially created as a supplement, of which the best are those that contain 99% purity, but they are still pills that many of our dogs do not like to ingest.
On the other hand, you can also find them in natural products that will not only provide your dog with glucosamine and chondroitin, but will also clean their teeth and entertain them, such as:
- Pig ears, legs or butts, very rich in collagen, but also in fat, can be given directly after freezing.
- Mussels, and other molluscs such as clams, octopus… (meat not shell).
- Trachea of pig, lamb, cow, etc.
- Dogfish, blue shark and other types of consumer sharks, where the entire animal is also used, not just the dorsal fins.
- Chicken skin, apart from being very rich in fatty acids. It is not harmful to dogs, nor does it have a greater accumulation of toxins, since chickens for consumption are so young that they cannot have accumulated many toxic substances in their body.
All of them raw or dehydrated.
In the most serious cases, of course, you should let your veterinarian advise you but always taking care of a good diet.
ATTENTION: REMEMBER THAT IF YOU GIVE THEM THE RAW SUPPLEMENTS, DO NOT MIX IT WITH THE FOOD, WAIT ABOUT 12 HOURS FROM THE LAST TIME THEY ATE THE FOOD AND THEN ABOUT 6 HOURS UNTIL THEY EAT THE FOOD AGAIN, SINCE THE FEED AND THE RAW FOOD INVOLVE DIFFERENT DIGESTIONS . IF YOU FEED IT WITH THE BARF DIET, YOU CAN INCLUDE IT IN YOUR DAILY DIET.
Indidogs, your canine shop and hairdresser in the Gracia neighborhood, Barcelona for everything you need for your dog, cat, rodent, bird… Specialists in natural food Barf Diet.